quarta-feira, 15 de setembro de 2021

Where are there people in the world?

It's hard to be a person in this world! I know brutes love too, but they can stop being brutes to love!

What is this weird life that we have witnessed in recent years? I don't know if it's because of the pandemic, to paraphrase Captain Nascimento, “put it on the pandemic bill”. I don't know if it's the huge number of deaths and despair that we have seen in the headlines. I don't know if it's the economic crisis, which is directly affecting millions of Brazilians, including me.

And what about "politics", I didn't want to mention the controversy of the moment, but I can't be so frivolous, I don't know if it's because we are living in a moment of generalized intolerance, which is driven by this president that "represent” us currently. Maybe it's just a generation gap, a glaring, sometimes brutal, misunderstanding of Generation Y, Millennials, and Generation Z. A very big shift in thinking has occurred, albeit slowly, over the past 100 years, a necessary, but overwhelming change for some people.

I've been noticing that I have been living more and more with people who are debilitated in their mental health, I include again. Psychological disorders are inevitable in these times of adaptations and technological revolutions that run over human beings on a daily basis.

We live in the era of social networks, which should, in essence, bring people together, however we are increasingly distant. We were no longer able to dialogue, talk face-to-face, and, unfortunately, the pandemic only made the little contact that still existed worse. People are rude, impatient, intolerant of other people's thoughts, and dare I say, rude in the familiar sense we know. Academic education is vitally important in my opinion, although I personally have a huge difficulty in completing it, but education in dealing with people, education in social interaction, these are increasingly rare.

Worldwide we are experiencing a cripple in common sense and in the art of human coexistence, in Brazil we are being masterfully represented in this area by our greatest leader. The irony of all is that we dub the Myth’s followers “Cattle”, but we're not all treated like cattle in some way. Treated as disposable animals, serving only as food for capitalism, I am not saying that I am a communist, because I know that some people who read this passage will already make a frivolous conjecture. I am only raising the need for a debate, whether in the Academy, in the media, in public opinion, or in society in general. Chaplin already said; “You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don't hate! Only the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural!

We urgently need to take care of our minds, try to assess our priorities, because life goes by too quickly and death is the only absolute truth in life. I have felt the daily pain of loss, the anguish, the feeling of helplessness, the weight of time passing around me, especially for the past three years. These have been brutal years, full of farewells, people known as if they were from our homes, artists, poets, friends, acquaintances. These are lives that are missing, that leave emptiness in the chest and soul.

What to do?


Nenhum comentário: